Sunday, November 27, 2011

Green Living Fair

On Saturday the Green Living Fair in Truro hired me to come give a presentation about urban farming.  I contacted a Truro city planner before the fair to ask about the by-laws for urban farming for their town. So at the presentation I was able to discuss with them their situation which is not unlike ours in Dartmouth. The by-laws in place do not allow for urban farming but their planner unlike Dartmouth's was already working on making better by-laws (I can only assume they will turn out better). I received positive feedback plus there were many questions about different issues from my presentation. It was a very small fair but the people who came out were interested and in my opinion it was a success.

The funny thing that happened was my daughter and I discussed that I would need the car and she was going to work for Bullfrog and would be picked up so she didn't need the car.  I am sure I told her I was going to Truro but she doesn't remember that part.  Anyway we live at the same house and were both very surprised to see each other at the same fair. It gave us a little chuckle.
Pointing out my garlic
It helps to be hired and paid to give presentations during the winter months. Most places I have presented have had at least one or two people come up to me afterward and thank me for the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment